Thursday, August 13, 2009

Two Legendary Divas Back on the Charts


This week, new songs by both Madonna and Whitney Houston debut on the Hot 100 singles chart. Madge's "Celebration," a classic dance oriented track that screams Madonna, enters at #71, while Houston's "I Look to You", the new single off of her upcoming 'comeback' album, comes in at #74.

I can see "Celebration" becoming a huge hit for Madonna, who's last top 10 hit was her duet with Justin Timberlake "4 Minutes." As I mentioned in past blogs, I think the new Whitney song is Horrendous, and can't see it going anywhere but adult contemporary. I hope she comes out with a better song for pop radio.

But at least it's good to see that they are still making a splash in the music biz! Houston has not had a hit single since the beginning of the millennium, and I think everyone wants to see her return to top form!

No comments:

Post a Comment