Wednesday, February 17, 2010

We are the World Remake Makes a Splash on the Charts


The remake of the 1985 charity single "We are the World" debuts at #2 on the Billboard Hot 100 this week, thanks to digital download sales of 267,000.

The single features nearly 80 artists from all different genres; Mary J. Blige, Justin Bieber, Barbra Streisand, Lil Wayne...the list goes on!

All proceeds go to help the people of Haiti after the devastating earthquakes killed thousands last month.

The original "We are the World" spent 4 weeks at #1 in 1985 and won the Grammy Award for Record of the Year.

I bought the new single and I have the old one; i prefer the 1985 version myself, but I think it's for a good cause obviously, and so I hope that everyone goes out and buys the new single today!!

Check out the new video for "We are the World" 2010.

(Image courtesy of Billboard.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment