Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Avril Returns in Top Form


It's been a while since we've heard any new music from pop-punker Avril Lavigne, but now she's back singing the theme song to the new Tim Burton remake of Alice in Wonderland.

The song is an epic ballad-esque tune that features Lavigne's soaring vocal-prowess that we have not heard since "I'm With You" way back in the day.

I think this song is fantastic! It got that mainstream hook but the format is fairly unique, with only one real verse and then a repeated chorus.

I'm glad to see Avril back and doing her thing! People forget that she has a very strong voice, and has consistently released multi-platinum records since she broke into the music scene in 2002.

Check out the song and judge for yourself!

Avril Lavigne "Alice"

(Image courtesy of andpop.com)

3 comments:

  1. Hey Tim- awesome blog! I just started a blog as well, its a fashion blog. www.abbiewade.blogspot.com -- i am trying to figure out how to become a follower of your blog! haha i'm new to this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Abbie!

    Thanks! I really really like it haha. It's just a really fun way to talk about things you like! If you click on become a follower I think you sign in with your google account or facebook account...

    You're blog is great!! I'm going to become a follower!

    ReplyDelete