Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Taylor Swift's "Mine" Blends into the Background


Taylor Swift recently released the first single off of her upcoming third album Speak Now called "Mine".

...I wanted to give myself some time to really listen to it and then make an educated assessment of the tune. And I have to say, I'm not too impressed.

Yes, it's catchy, yes, it's already a top 10 hit. But nothing in the song stands out to me as anything spectacular, and it's definitely not anything we haven't already heard off of her two previous albums.

But considering she has sold 10 million albums and 25 million digital songs, I'm putting money on the chances that this album will be another multi-platinum bonanza.

(Image courtesy of hollywoodtoday.net)

2 comments:

  1. I think Taylor is the best simply because she writes her own songs.. So i've heard i'd be deeply dissapointed if that's not true because that is what I admire about her the most! I just did a whole essay about it.. Hopefully I will get an A on it!!! GO TAYLOR and im impressed with every song she has sang and to me they are all different!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love Taylor, and she is an incredible songwriter. I actually think that after a bit the song actually grew on me!

    ReplyDelete