Thursday, September 9, 2010

'Make Me Wanna Die' Surprisingly Doesn't Make Me Wanna die


Gossip Girl's Taylor Momsen has always gotten on my nerves ever since she began dressing super goth and acting as if she were the spawn of Satan in a mini-dress. I always laugh at actors who's 'real passion' is music, start a shitty ass band, and then act as if they're rock gods. It makes me wanna hurl.

But...and I can't believe I'm saying this, I LOVE The Pretty Reckless, the band that Momsen fronts, which has scored with their single "Make Me Wanna Die". I laughed when I heard the title, but Momsen actually has a great voice, even if the lyrics are PG-13 death metal.

If you combined Evanescence, Courtney Love, and a punch if pop, you'd get The Pretty Reckless. "Make Me Wanna Die" topped the rock charts in the UK, and it's only a matter of time before it catches on here.

Watch the video for "Make Me Wanna Die" and try not to enjoy it!

(Image courtesy of monstersandcritics.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment