Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Aguilera Debuts New Song, Pop Fan Disappointed


Christina Aguilera debuted her latest single yesterday, a little electro-pop ditty called "Not Myself Tonight."

The tune feels a little forced, with Aguilera jumping on the electro-banwagon a-la Ke$ha and Britney, and leaves a lot to be desired.

Christina is literally one of the best pop vocalists to ever grace the stage, and it's a shame that she is hiding her voice with this over-produced track. I mean, I know that this type of music is all the rage, but most people tweak their voice with auto-tune and crap like that because they can't sing!

X-tina likes to evolve, as we all know, but it seems as if she's always a step behind. She needs to stick with what she's good at; huge monster pop ballads that showcase those stunning pipes!!!

Take a listen to her new single "Not Myself Tonight", and judge for yourself.

(Image courtesy of Billboard.com)

2 comments:

  1. Christina is my favorite singer!! But I must admit I wasn't blown away. I want her to have a #1 Hot 100 Single, and I'm not sure if this song is it, but I'm still hopeful for the rest of the album!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree,

    I am kind of hoping she'll score another hit. I mean, all of her albums have done pretty well considering she hasn't had a #1 single since her debut. But she has the talent to sustain a successful career for a while!

    ReplyDelete