Thursday, October 1, 2009

Black Eyed Peas Can't Be Stopped


The Black Eyed Peas' "I Gotta Feeling" ties the record for the longest stay at #1 this decade, maintaining pole position for the 14th week. It ties Mariah Carey's "We Belong Together" which also held the #1 spot for 14 weeks in 2005.

Dayammnnnnnnn!

That's a pretty big feat. The Peas also become only the second act in HISTORY to claim the #1 spot for over half a calendar year, making it a total of 26 consecutive weeks at the top, only having been beat my Usher who held the top spot in 2004 for 28 weeks.

Congratulations to the Peas!!

Other than that though, the Hot 100 sees no real movement within the top 10. Lady Gaga's "Paparazzi" is the charts greatest gainer in airplay, and stays put at #7.

Here's a rundown of the top 10 singles in the country:

1. Black Eyed Peas "I Gotta Feeling" (14 weeks at #1)

2. Jay Sean "Down"

3. Miley Cyrus "Party in the USA"

4. Jay-Z with Rihanna and Kanye West "Run This Town"

5. Jason DeRulo "Watcha Say"

6. Taylor Swift "You Belong With Me"

7. Lady Gaga "Paparazzi"

8. Kings of Leon "Use Somebody"

9. Mariah Carey "Obsessed"

10. Jay-Z and Alicia Keys "Empire State of Mind"

2 comments:

  1. It's kind of impressive, but the Peas are SO commercial. I'm not a big fan of their latest music. It doesn't seem that orginial to me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya I know, I kind of bugs me that they broke this huge record because it doesn't sound like anything that special!

    ReplyDelete